Weekend on the Links: Dog Days Edition
Here are some links for the rest of your weekend. Enjoy with a tall glass of lemonade.
- In our article earlier this week on A-Rod’s 600th, PEDs, and Christine Brennan spouting nonsense, we cited an extensive (highlight extensive) by baseball scholar Eric Walker. Here it is. Here also is a summary and brief commentary on that same study by SI’s Joe Posnanski.
- If you’ve seen this already, then sorry. But I have to post it. What a catch.
- Peter King has been cloned. Dammit.
- We kind of sort of like to make fun of Buzz Bissinger. That being said, you should really follow him on Twitter. He’s a nut, and says crazy things. So that’s fun. But amidst all of his lunatic tweets, he often says something pretty smart.
- Here’s a great story from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette about Dick LeBeau, long-time player and coach, who is being inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame today.
- Finally, Keith Law is a pretty smart baseball analyst for ESPN.com (it’s Insider), but on his personal site, he also has a ranking of his Top 100 books that’s very interesting.