In the wake of Reilly’s terrible column on Jimmer Fredette, which we dealt with extensively yesterday, let’s take to the internets for more. Links after the jump.
- From the Provo Daily Herald and cougarblue.com, Jason Franchuk has some quotes from people who actually know basketball, like Billy Donovan, and some actual analysis, that kind of debunks Reilly’s premise that Jimmer is a homeless man’s Danny Ainge. [Provo Daily Herald]
- From the Salt Lake Tribune, Jay Drew notes that Reilly was apparently following Jimmer around for “one of his clever takes.” Odd, since Reilly didn’t really interview Fredette, just bashed him instead. Sounds like ‘ol Rick was journalistically diligent. Shocker. [Salt Lake Tribune]
- Chitown Sports also offers a pretty good take down of Reilly’s slam piece. Chicago knows Reilly’s capacity for irrational slam articles after his pile of crap about Jay Cutler. [Chitown Sports]
- Gawker Ninja also notes the oddity of Reilly’s scoffing at Mormons being uncomfortable in the potential den of sin that is New Orleans. Makes some good points about the weirdest part of the article. [Gawker Ninja]
- SportsBinge also has a treatment of Reilly’s abomination: “Rick stop shitting on the Jimmer show and let us have our fun… you are an absolute scrooge.” Well put. [SportsBinge]
- Finally, from Vanquish the Foe: “The guy is a Cubs fan, he wouldn’t know a winner if he saw one.” [Vanquish the Foe]
- Let’s end on a happy note and watch some awesome Jimmer highlights. Range, Rick. Range.: